Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mecca Cosmetica Pixel Pink and Cherimoya 2012 Crucify

As requested by Carli :)

I'm not the hugest fan of crackles... I do like them  but I can't wear them too often. I couldn't resist picking up a few of these Cherimoyas though. There are so many different colours!

Cherimoya crackles are available at Beauty Joint for US$3. They also stock Kleancolor and have really cheap international shipping!
*edit* Apparently shipping costs have gone up a lot(!!) since I ordered two weeks ago :( I'll be sure to edit again if it turns out to be a mistake or just a temporary change.

This is one coat of Crucify over two coats of Pixel Pink.



Crucify is a dark green crackle. I thought I'd also mention that all the 2012s are "new formula crackles" ie. it has a similar formula to the OPI and China Glaze crackles as opposed to the old formulas (eg. Kleancolor, BYS and Cover Girl crackles).

Pixel Pink was a free mini they gave out some time last year at Mecca stores. It's a really nice berry pink creme.

I never realised how time consuming swatching crackles is. It took me 15 minutes to swatch Crucify because I had to wait for the base to be pretty much dry before I applied it. Kudos to those who swatch entire collections full of crack!

13 comments:

  1. ohmygosh that has got to be the most awesome crackle polish I have ever seen!! OPI's seem a little too "stringy", china glaze to chunky... THIS ONE IS PERFECT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude!  I went to order more from Beauty Joint today and their shipping prices have doubled!  Last order was 27 bottles with $31 shipping. This time 10 bottles with $53 quoted!  Have emailed them asking for an explanation.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I really liked the way this one cracked! Although I always thought that it was more of the technique rather than the actual polish that affected the crackle patterns. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARE YOU FRACKING SERIOUS??? UGH. I'll edit my post.

    Please let me know what you find out. I'd look to place another order but not at astronomical prices :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered from Beauty Joint today, 12 bottles with their cheapest shipping (First-Class Mail) it was $18.55.  I originally put more polishes in my basket, but then freaked out when I saw the shipping.  I just thought you had given us a bum steer Stef!   Lucky you got in before the price rise, love the pink and green colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice color combo :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how those crack... I may check those out.  I've been looking for a bright green crackle! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shatter_me_ClaireJuly 4, 2011 at 5:16 PM

    love the green and pink combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! I wouldn't deliberately do that. I'm sorry that the shipping went out. What a bummer eh? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is your thing! It's green crackkkk :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah it does. No stringy mess for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment ♥