Monday, July 11, 2011

Holo Spammah!

In honour of my newly acquired Ikea Jansjo, I've whipped up some holo spam! Well technically a couple of these are holo glitters... but they are just so purdy!

I apologise if you notice any bumps on my middle and index fingers since I've got silk patches on those and haven't buffed down quite enough.



Nubar Reclaim. Green holo! Going Green was such a beautiful collection. A green lover's dream.





China Glaze Octa-Gone Wild. There are several versions of this floating around. I *think* I have the original release.





China Glaze Techno Teal. I know a lot of people were disappointed in the Tronica collection because they were hoping for more in your face holos. I love them for what they are though. The subtle holo effect is beautiful in the sun.





Ozotic 524. This is a strange one. It's a bronzey-brown frosty holo... weird. The first pic I took in the shade to show the frosty base a little better. This is certainly very unique, I've never seen anything quite like it, but it's still not my favourite.





BK 20. I've shown this one before but it's so beautiful it deserves more pics. Linear red holo. It pulls a lot less pink than Ozotic 518 and it also has a foily finish so it's still sparkly and interesting indoors when it's not spitting out rainbows :D





Missha HKH01. I've swatched this probably over five times before and I've never got colour accurate pics until now. It's so awesome. HKH01 is a crap tonne of dirty gold and holo microglitter chucked into a matching base. The glitter is so fine that I you can't actually discern any of the holo pieces - you just know they're there because they sparkle and dance in the light so prettily.





Kleancolor Holo Chrome over Color Club Pucci-licious. Eeeep, my skin is so yellow here! Well, at least the polish is showing up as colour accurate. Holo Chrome... a $1.75 masterpiece.





Economy Class (an MPJ franken) over black. I made this guy ages ago... I think it was sometime in April last year when I was really lemming the original MPJ something bad. Recipe: ~2/3 Ozotic 509 and ~1/3 black. Holo frankens are so simple to make!





China Glaze OMG. I don't wear this by itself a lot since there are so many other silver holos out there and this one konads so well. Example here.


Yay holos! They are probably my second favourite finish right behind duochromes and just a smidgen ahead of glitters.*

*Subject to change at any moment :)

23 comments:

  1. Kirsten Glitta GlovesJuly 11, 2011 at 3:54 PM

    *Flails over keyboard* I love your nails so much. And Reclaim is one of my favourite polishes ever. And I may be hunting for BK20 right now. And I love your nails.

    And I'm not a creepy stalker. Honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red holo is the prettiest holo I think I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. -keels over and dies of holo goodness-
    OMG, I love your spam and your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of these look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trixie of NailfiledJuly 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM

    LOL @ Kirsten! I'm soooo dizzy from all the holos!!!! I waaant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - I'm just a teeny bit obsessed with holos at the moment, so I LOVE this post.  I'm wearing Ozotic 518 today, and it really is rather pinky compared to BK20. Do you know anywhere that sells BKs online?  I was so close to ordering the Kleancolor holos, but didn't DOH! Lovely quality swatches and photos as always! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black holo Franken is gorgeous!!! Well done! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. *clutches chest* ungh!  Do need misshas!  Do need all of these that I do not already have!  Which is most of them ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy crap I need Ozotic 524.  We don't have that polish brand here in the states though *sad face*.  And if I keep seeing that damn Nubar Reclaim, I might need to do an online polish order!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful.  Love love love them :) 

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMAO! No creep, no creep... I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is so so pretty. I wish I had bought backups *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanky! I love making spam posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The holos really are blinding.. *pops on sunnies*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kitties, if you love holos you NEED Holo Chrome. *NEED*

    And I've never found anywhere that sells or even mentions those BK holos online :( I know of other BK polishes from ebay, bornpretty and fashionaddict but never the holos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! Holo frankens are really impressive but so stupid easy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Reece... YOU DO NEED MISSHA. Heart bottles... rose scented... amazing colours. YOU NEED!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nubar Reclaim is so beautiful and unique. And I believe picturepolish.com.au ships Ozotics internationally. Whether they have 524 I'm not so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm dying. of holoverdose... THEY ARE SO SEXYYY!
    thanks for making my night LOL great manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Holo goodness! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment ♥